Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Fresh Glimpse Of Glory

A Fresh Glimpse Of Glory
 
Read:   Psalm 145:1-13
I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wondrous works.  - Psalm 145:5
 
Audio:  Psalm 145
 
Bible in One Year: Jeremiah 6-8; 1 Timothy 5
 
Every summer, thousands of Good Morning America viewers cast their votes to select "The Most Beautiful Place in America." I was delighted when the winner for 2011 was announced - Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in my home state of Michigan. Admittedly, I didn't expect the winning location to be in my own backyard. It reminded me of the time my wife, Martie, and I visited Niagara Falls. A man nearby watched our tourist behavior and quipped, "Ain't nothin' to it. I see it every day."  How easily we grow accustomed to our surroundings and dulled to things that are familiar - even places and experiences that once brought great delight.
 
Although God's glory is clearly displayed all around us, sometimes the busyness of everyday life blocks our view. We take for granted His amazing work in our lives. We lose the wonder of the cross. We forget the privilege of being His child. We neglect the pleasure of His presence and miss the beauty of His creation.  I love the psalmist's declaration: "I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wondrous works" (Ps. 145:5). Let's take time today to meditate on God's "wondrous works" and get a fresh glimpse of His glory!
 
For the beauty of each hour
Hill and vale and tree and flower,
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise. -Pierpoint
 
If created things are so utterly lovely, how gloriously beautiful must be He who made them! -Antony of Padua
 
 

No comments: