Friday, February 7, 2014

WHAT’S IN A NAME? EVERYTHING!

                                                                                                WHAT'S IN A NAME? EVERYTHING!

                                                            ….Jesus is the Christ….you may have life through (in) His name [through who He is]        JOHN 20:31

 

The name of Jesus represents everything that He is----all His righteousness, perfection, grace and love.  There is o power in your name or my name, but there is awesome power in the name of Jesus.  It

Represents everything about who He is.

 

Let's thing about this in practical terms.  My name has not always been Joyce Meyer.  I did not take Dave's last name until I married him.  Nothing of his belonged to me until we entered into the legal

covenant of marriage.  When we married, I did not have much money, in fact, I was in debt.  Dave did have money, so when I married him I had money, too and was able to pay off my bills.  I did not have

access to anything of Dave's until I married him and took his name.  When I became Mrs. Dave Meyer, everything he had became mine.

 

We cannot "date" Jesus and expect to enjoy the privileges that come with true commitment.  By that, I mean that we cannot just spend time with Him occasionally and try to keep up a relationship only because

Of the blessings He offers us.  We can only enjoy the full privileges of a relationship with Him when our hearts are truly committed.  God knows whether we are "dating" or whether we have given ourselves to Him

In total commitment.  When we are joined to Him in committed relationship, we can be confident that He will give to us everything His name affords – and we can enjoy it.

 

 

                                                            Love God Today: Are you in a committed relationship with Jesus? Then everything His name represents belongs to you.

 


 

No comments: