Friday, February 7, 2014

Don’t Forget Your Own Flesh and Blood

                                                                                                Don't Forget Your Own Flesh and Blood

                                               

                                    It is not to divide your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house – when you see the naked, that you cover him,

                                    and that you hide yourself from (the needs) of your flesh and blood?       ISAIAH 58:7

 

Some people become so involved in ministry that they overlook their own family members and friends, but the Lord makes clear in today's Scripture that we are not to neglect one in order to attend to the other.

 

In this verse, God tells us that we are not only to meet the needs of those around us in the world (the poor, needy, and disadvantaged), but that we are also to meet the needs of our families.

 

I have a widowed aunt to whom I minister quite often.  I once thought I was too busy to help her, but God showed me that she is my "flesh and blood." She is part of my family, and I am responsible to minister

to her needs just as I am responsible to minister to thousands of people in many locations.  If I ignore my responsibilities toward my relatives, I will pay the price of losing an aspect of God's anointing in other areas

of my life. 

 

Isaiah 58:7 says that we must not only feed the hungry and clothe the naked, but that we also must not hide ourselves from the needs of our own flesh and blood.  After we have done these things, then Isaiah 58:8

will work for us: or light shall break forth like the morning, our healing (restoration and the power of a new life) will spring forth speedily, our righteousness (our rightness, our justice, and our right relationship with God)

will go before us (Conducting us to peace, and prosperity) and God's glory will guard us from behind.

 

                                                                                    Love Others Today: "Lord, help me be a blessing to all people, including my family."

 

 

                                                           

 


 

No comments: