Thursday, August 2, 2012

Trust God, Not Yourself

Trust God, Not Yourself

Proverbs 3:5………… do not rely on your own insight or understanding

          When you face times of crisis in life, you need direction. All of your human reasoning will not provide the answer – it will only add to your confusion. But God will give you direction if you trust Him.

          This truth is sometimes difficult for you to deal with because your human nature wants to understand everything. You want things to make sense, but the Holy Spirit can cause you to have peace about things that make no sense at all to your natural mind.

          If you are hurting because of a crisis in your life, you must not become angry with God. He is the only one who can help you. Only He can bring the lasting comfort and healing you need. So continue to believe in the goodness of God and lean on, trust in, and be confident in Him.

 

7/21

Give It Up!

Psalm 25:1……..unto You, O Lord, do I bring my life

          This is a very short but powerful verse. In fact it gives you the answer for your whole life: give it to the Lord.

          This doesn’t mean you should bring Him just your worries and problems. It means bringing Him your entire existence and everything it entails. Grasping that truth will set you free from weariness and a feeling of wanting to give up.

          I used to get worn out preparing for my meetings. I would get so intense about it and work so hard at making sure everything was right that I worked myself into exhaustion. Then I learned that all I have to do is give Him my life and everything in it. As we yield to Him, His peace fills us.

          As you pray tonight, give your entire life to God, and experience the freedom of knowing that whatever you face – good or bad – He has it under control.

 

7/22

Enjoy Everyday Life

Nehemiah 8:10….be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength

          I spent a lot of time in years gone by learning to enjoy my life. The key phrase is my life. I learned not to covet someone else’s life, but to enjoy mine. It has not been easy and I am still learning. But one thing I do know is that it is God’s will for you to enjoy the life He has provided. The joy of the Lord is your strength. You must make a decision to enjoy everyday life.

          Enjoying life does not mean you have something exciting going on all the time; it simply means you enjoy simple, everyday things. Most of life is rather ordinary, but you are supernaturally equipped with the power of God to live ordinary everyday life in an extraordinary way.

          Live life to the fullest and be a witness to the power of God that is available to everyone.

 

No comments: