Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Few Friends

> A New Friend
>
> Read: John 15:1-15
> I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. - John 15:15
>
> Audio John 15
>
> Bible in One Year: Psalms 91-93; Romans 15:1-13
>
> While flying from Europe back to the US, I found myself sitting next to a little girl who never stopped talking from the moment she sat down. She told me the history of her family and all about her puppy, who was in the hold of the plane. She pointed excitedly to everything around us, "Look at this! Look at that!" I couldn't help but think that 8 hours of this could make for a very long flight!
>
> We chatted for a while until she suddenly got quiet. She pulled her blanket up around her, so I thought maybe she was going to doze off. I quickly took advantage of the break and reached for the nearest magazine. But before I could open it, I felt a little elbow in my side. I looked down at her, and she threw out her little hand and said, "Hey, Joe, wanna be friends?" My heart melted. "Sure," I said, "let's be friends."
>
> In the midst of the turmoil of life, when we think all we want is to be left alone, Jesus extends His nail-scarred hand and invites us to be His friends. He says, "I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you" (John 15:15). We have a choice: to keep to ourselves, or to open our heart to a friendship of unlimited love and guidance. - Joe Stowell
>
> What a Friend we have in Jesus,
> All our sins and griefs to bear!
> What a privilege to carry
> Everything to God in prayer. -Scriven
>
> Jesus longs to be your Friend.
>
> Jeannette
> "People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
> If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
> If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
> If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
> The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
> Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
> For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
> It was never between you and them anyway." ~ Mother Teresa
> Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments: