Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Path of Forgiveness...Ask for Help

The Path of Forgiveness

Mark 11:25…………forgive him and let it drop, in order that your Father may forgive your own failings

          “Why me, God” was the cry of my heart for many years. Because of my wounded emotions from a lifetime of suffering, I lived in a wilderness of self-pity and unforgiveness. It was a huge problem that kept me from fulfilling the plan of God for my life.

          Many people are hurting terribly and are crying out for help, but they are not willing to receive the help God has to offer. It is amazing how often we want things our way. When someone hurts you, you may feel they owe you something, yet Jesus wants you to let it go. No matter how much you may want His help, you will receive only when you become willing to do things God’s way.

 

Ask for Help

2 Chronicles 20:15…………the battle is not yours, but God’s

          The twentieth chapter of 2 Chronicles describes a time of crisis in the life of the people of Judah. They were faced with a huge army that was out to destroy them. In verse 12, Jehoshaphat, king of Judah, offered a wise prayer to God: “O Lord our God, will You not exercise judgment upon them? For we have no might to stand against this great company that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”

          Often we spin our wheels trying to do something we are not capable of doing. It is much easier to just say, “I don’t know what to do, and even if I did, I couldn’t do it without Your help. Holy Spirit, help me!” If you ask for help, God will take care of the battle.

 

No comments: