Wednesday, March 19, 2014

attitude of gratitude

 

                                                                                    THANK GOD

I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.                     PSALM 9:1 NKJV

 

Throughout the Bible we see people celebrating progress and victory in a variety of ways.  One way was to specifically take the time to give an offering to God and to thank Him.

 

Noah had been in the ark one year and ten days when God told him it was time to go forth and begin a new life.  I cannot even imagine how happy he and his family were to see dry ground.  The first thing Noah did was build an altar to the Lord and sacrifice various animals to Him.  God was pleased, and He pronounced a blessing on Noah and his sons (see Gen. 9:1).

 

Abram (later renamed Abraham) regularly built altars to God and sacrificed, giving praise and thanks to God for his progress as he journeyed through the land.

 

We would quickly add a lot of celebration to our lives if we would take time to give thanks and perhaps some other type of offering when God does amazing things for us.  An attitude of gratitude shows a lot about the character of a person.  We should never have an attitude of entitlement, but we should have one that says, “I know I don’t deserve God’s goodness, but I am sure grateful for it.”

 

            Love God Today: “God I never want to take Your goodness for granted, so please help me celebrate all You have done, are doing, and will do in my life.”

 

 


 

No comments: