Friday, October 28, 2011

Pray All Day

Pray All Day

 

Psalm 141:2

God wants to be the center of your life: the center of your conversation, the center of your entertainment, and the center of your relationships. Prayer keeps Him in the center of all you do.

 

Years ago I could have told you that I prayed an hour every day. But now, I couldn’t even determine how long I pray, because I just pray every time I see or feel a need. I pray while driving. I pray while working, and while relaxing. Sometimes I just stop what I am doing and praise God, and that is prayer too. I cast my cares on Him and say, “Lord, I am not going to worry about anything today; I am giving it to You.”

 

Prayer should be like breathing, natural to do anywhere you are.

 

Loving Actions Speak Clearly

10/16

Ephesians 4:2

It is good for the unsaved members of your family to see you studying the Bible, going to church, and bearing the fruit of the Spirit. But your family may be more receptive to the gospel if you minister to their needs. Ministering to them may require giving up a prayer meeting to do things with them, such a going fishing or shopping with your spouse, helping your son work on his car, or taking your daughter out for lunch.

 

The Bible says that the natural man does not understand the spiritual man (see 1 Corinthians 2:14).

So spiritual talk doesn’t always make sense to unsaved people, but loving actions speak clearly to them. Walk in love’s anointing today: be kind, joyful, peaceful, and stable. Let God love others through you.

 

Be Wise to the Enemy

10/17

1 Peter 5:8

Satan cannot devour just anybody he pleases. He has to find someone who gives him an opening to do so. One of the ways we give him an opening to destroy us is through imbalance in our lives. A good example would be, if we eat improperly and in an unbalanced manner over al long period of time, we may open the door for the enemy to bring sickness or disease into our life.

 

Many times when people are recovering from illness, they follow a strict diet that brings balance back into their eating habits. Find balance in all you do, and keep the enemy away from your door.

 

No comments: