Monday, December 16, 2013

Word For The Day - December 16, 2013

The Good Samaritan

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.  - Luke 10:27
---------------------------------



I DECLARE that I will live as a healer.

I am sensitive to the needs of those around
me. I will lift the fallen, restore the
broken, and encourage the discouraged.
I am full of compassion and kindness.
I won't just look for a miracle; I will
Become someone's miracle by showing
God's love and mercy everywhere I go.
This is my declaration.
------------------------------------
 
You're never more like God than when you help hurting people. One of our assignments in life is to help wipe away       the tears. Are you sensitive to the needs of those around   you?  Your friends?  Your neighbors?  Your coworkers? 
 
Many times behind the pretty smile, behind the Sun­day praise, there is a person who's hurting. She's alone. His life is in turmoil. When someone is struggling, reach out. Be a healer. Be a restorer.
 
Take time to wipe away the tears.  Your job is not to judge. Your job is not to figure out if    someone deserves something, or to decide who is right or who is wrong. Your job is to lift the fallen, to restore the       broken, and to heal the hurting.
 
Too often we become focused on our own goals, our own dreams, and how we can get our miracle. But I've learned something that is more important: I can become some­one's miracle. There is healing in your hands. There's healing in
your voice. You are a container filled with God. Right now you are full of encouragement, full of mercy, full of restoration, full of healing. Everywhere you go you should   dispense the goodness of God.
 
If you get around me you'd better get ready. You will     be encouraged. You may have made mistakes but I will    tell you: God's mercy is bigger than any mistake you've    made. You may have wasted years of your life making poor   choices, but I will tell you God still has a way to carry you to your final destination.
 
You may have had an addiction since you were a teenager. But I will let you know that the power of the Most High God can break any addiction and set you free. That's what it means to dispense good. You lift the fallen. You encourage the discouraged. You take time to wipe away the tears.
 
Jesus told the story of the Good Samaritan who was riding his donkey and he saw a man on the side of the road beaten and left for dead. He put him on his donkey and took him to a place where he could recover. I love the fact that the Good Samaritan walked so the injured man could ride. Sometimes you may have to trade places with someone who is hurting. You must be willing to be inconvenienced.
 

You may have to miss dinner in order to wipe away a tear.       You may have to skip working out one night in order to encourage a struggling couple. You may have to drive across town and pick up a coworker who is addicted and     take him to church with you on Sunday. If you want to live as a healer, you must be willing to change places with those who are hurting.

No comments: