Friday, September 14, 2012

Learn How to Fly

 

9/14

Learn How to Fly

Isaiah 40:31………….those who wait for the Lord….shall change and renew their strength

God’s Word makes several references to eagles, the most powerful winged creature on earth, and I believe you can learn some valuable lessons from them.

 

Eagles do not fear or run from a storm – they allow the powerful wind currents to lift them about it. Nor do they waste time battling with other birds. When attacked, they simply mount up higher, soaring effortlessly above their enemies. When you grow weary of the struggles and battles of the “lower life”, it is time to learn to fly.

 

Allow God to teach you how to fly above your problems. Be determined to know Him and the power of His resurrection. You will discover that when you are soaring close to the heart of God, you can face whatever comes without growing tired and weary.

 

9/15

Take Up the Easy Yoke

Matthew 11:29…...take My yoke upon you and learn of Me

There is a life that is so superior to anything the world has to offer that no comparison can be made. But in order to have that kind of life you must be willing to be yoked to Christ and learn His ways. This means you must stay close to Him and learn how He handles every situation that arises.

 

His ways and thoughts are far superior to yours, and you must be willing to abandon yourself to Him and discover what His will is for your life.

 

Give up being independent and learn to lean and depend on God. Give Him full reign of your life. In return, you will find rest, relief, ease, refreshment, recreation, and blessed quiet.

 

9/16

Pray About Everything

James 5:16………the earnest prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available

Driving down the road one day, pondering an upcoming change in my life, I found that I was afraid. It really was not a major thing but it felt like it to me.

God spoke to me that day and simply said, “Pray about everything. Fear nothing.” He showed me He could not work through my fear, but if I would give Him my faith, He would help me in my situation. I needed it that day for something seemingly minor, but I have used it many times since for all types of situations.

 

Isn’t it good to know that God cares about everything that concerns you – even the little things you are afraid of? Your part is to pray and have faith, and God’s part is to provide the power to meet your need. What do you need to pray about tonight?

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: