Friday, March 18, 2011

START MOVING/LOVE NOT SLEEP

 

Start Moving

 

Psalm 103:1-5

Proverbs 6:4 says, “Give not [unnecessary] sleep to your eyes, nor slumber to your eyelids.” The Bible is saying, “Get the sleep you need, but then wake up!” Too much sleep brings poverty. It is like a robber who steals from you and makes you helpless. (See Proverbs 6:11).

 

Too little sleep will ruin your day too. Being tired and cranky doesn’t help you hear from God. Make rest a priority, but then get up. Start moving first thing in the morning, saying, “Thank You Lord, that I am alive for another day with You. I believe I am anointed to do what You ask me to do today. My youth is renewed like the eagles just as You promised.”

 

Love Not Sleep

 

Psalm 119:148

It is interesting that our popular greeting is “Good Morning”. Somewhere along the way, someone realized that if we get started off right in the morning, we will have a good day.

 

Proverbs 20:13 says, “Love not sleep, lest you come to poverty; open your eyes and you will be satisfied with bread” And Psalm 57:8-9 encourages us to wake up ready to sing praises: Awake, my glory (my inner self); awake, harp and lyre! I will awake right early [I will awaken the dawn]! I will praise and give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to You among the nations.”

 

No comments: