Friday, February 4, 2011

Secure

Secure

2/4

Psalm 18:1-2

God can strengthen us to the point that we can make progress even during trouble. The psalmist said of God, “He makes my feet like hinds feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]….. You have girded me with strength for the battle” (Psalm 18:33:39).

 

Trials and testing do not come to cause us to lose stability. They are opportunities to prove the strength of God. We don’t have to waver in our confidence. Nothing will keep us from making progress today because God is our strength.

 

Be Strong

2/5

Psalm 28:7-8

We can plan to be worn out before we ever feel tired. I used to expect to be totally wiped out physically and emotionally after my conferences. Then I prayed that as I poured energy and strength into obeying God, He would pour energy and strength back into me. The Bible says that giving is sowing a seed that will reap a harvest (Galatians 6:7-10) If we give our strength, we will reap God’s strength. We should expect a harvest of strength in our life, as we serve the Lord. He will anoint us with strength today, if we call on Him to do so.

 

Make Adjustments

2/6

2 Peter 1:5

Sometimes we have to make a few adjustments in our lifestyle to follow wisdom. We may have to say no to too much activity. Hebrews 11:1 teaches that faith is the assurance of things we do not see now. But, like God, we can call “those things that be not, as though they are”. This spiritual principle applies in the negative realm as well as in the positive realm. So we may need to make some adjustments to the things we say. If you feel that it is hard to get up in the morning, don’t say “I am too tired.” Get all of that weak, tired, wimpy, quitter; give up talk out of your vocabulary. Instead, say” Because the Lord is my strength, I can do whatever I need to do today.

 

No comments: