Monday, August 2, 2010

Forward Not Backward

Jeremiah 7:24

Forward Not Backward

The apostle Paul was full of fire and brought this attitude into his everyday life: I’m forgetting what lies behind, and I’m pressing forward. I recommend you adopt the same attitude this morning. Shake off the ashes of yesterday’s discouragements and disappointments and say to yourself, “I’m throwing away my rearview mirror. I’m not looking back anymore at the mistreatment or the times when I got the short end of the stick. I’m not looking to the left or to the right. I’m looking straight ahead. I’m pressing forward, knowing God has good things in store for me.’

 

Nobody can put God’s fire in your soul. I can encourage you. Your friends can cheer you on. But it’s not going to do any good until you put your foot down and make a decision to move forward with God

 

No comments: