Friday, August 30, 2013

EXPECT TO ENCOUNTER ADVERSITY

MEET ME in early morning splendor. I eagerly await you here. In the stillness of this holy time with Me, I renew your strength and saturate you with Peace.  While others turn over for extra sleep OR ANXIOUSLY TUNE IN TO THE LATEST NEWS, YOU COMMUNE WITH THE Creator of the universe. I have awakened in your heart a strong desire to know Me. This longing originated in Me, though it now burns brightly in you

 

When you seek My Face in response to My Love call, both of us are blessed. This is a deep mystery, designed more for your enjoyment than for your understanding.  I am not a dour God who discourages pleasure. I delight in your enjoyment of everything that is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable. Think on these things, and My Light in you will shine brighter day by day.

 

Isaiah 40:31; Psalm 27:4; Philippians 4:8

 

8/24

FIND ME IN THE MIDST of the maelstrom. Sometimes events whirl around you so quickly that they become a blur. Whisper My Name in recognition that I am still with you. Without skipping a beat in the activities that occupy you, you find strength and Peace through praying My Name. Latter, when the happenings have run their course, you can talk with Me more fully.

 

Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes. Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine.

Philippians 2:9-11; Isaiah 43:1

 

8/25

EXPECT TO ENCOUNTER ADVERSITY in your life, remembering that you live in a deeply fallen world. Stop trying to find a way that circumvents difficulties. The main problem with an easy life is that it masks your need for Me. When you became a Christian, I infused My very Life into you, empowering you to live on a supernatural plane by depending on Me.

 

Anticipate coming face to face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond your ability to handle. This awareness of your inadequacy is not something you should try to evade. It is precisely where I want you - the best place to encounter Me in My Glory and Power. When you see armies of problems marching toward you, cry out to Me! Allow Me to fight for you. Watch Me working on your behalf, as you rest in the shadow of My Almighty Presence.

 

Revelation 19:1; Psalm 91:1

 

No comments: