Friday, January 7, 2011

START YOUR DAY RIGHT

Have a great weekendJ

 


Subject: START YOUR DAY RIGHT

 

Rejoice Today

1/7

1 Chronicles 16:10-12

Many people don’t realize how important the morning is, especially those first moments of time that we are awake. God calls the sun to rise for us. He is eager for us to wake up and talk to Him again.

 

David the psalmist talked a lot about morning, saying “This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it” (see Psalm 118:24). David didn’t always feel like rejoicing, but he decided to rejoice in God’s new day.

 

As soon as you get up, look at yourself in the mirror, smile, and say, “I am going to have good day because Jesus loves me.

 

Start Out Joyfully

1/8

1 Chronicles 29:17-18

My husband always seems happy. Within five minutes of waking, he is humming, singing, or listening to music as he gets ready for the day. Years ago I didn’t want music on in the morning. I didn’t want singing or humming or noise of any kind. I wanted silence so I could think.

 

Today I still need a little more quiet than he does in the morning. But we have both found the way to start our day out right. We set our hearts and minds to follow God. And it works.

 

Listen for His Purpose

1/9

Psalm 25:12-14

It is God who wakes us each morning. If He didn’t keep us alive overnight, it wouldn’t matter what kind of an alarm clock we had! The prophet said, “God wakens me morning by morning, and He wakens me for a purpose so that I can hear; I am like a disciple who is taught” (see Isaiah 50:4).

 

Before you even get out of bed, listen to hear what God has to say to you. It will be a good day if you start it with a ready ear, taking time to listen to Him. God is eager to reveal today’s plan to you.

No comments: